Expanding Our Hearts

My Wonderful Father in Heaven,
I just had the most amazing conversation with another one of your daughters, and my sister-in-Christ.
"I will cry to God Most High,
To God who accomplishes all things for me.
Great is your love. It reaches to the heavens.
Your truth reaches to the sky."
Psalm 57: 2, 10

Another testimony of Your faithfulness. Another testimony that You are trustworthy and true. Yet another reason to believe you. How many, Father, do I need to hear before I give this heart of mine fully over to your will and let go of the fear of The Unknown. You KNOW! How many times have I witnessed in amazement the orchestration of good things in my life? Even the not-so-good parts, You've redeemed and made beautiful!
And then there was the conversation last night at my bedtime (You know how much I cherish bedtime!) in which you blessed me and showed me AGAIN, through a friend, how You e..x..p..a..n..d hearts and change lives...for eternity! Conversation after conversation, and again through the Psalms, the Proverbs, Romans, Jeremiah, and Isaiah, even on Moody radio yesterday, You work and say "Trust me." I trust You.
My friend said that the adoption process strips you. Only a week in, and I understand. As I ponder the intricacies of adoption -- racism, love, grace, redemption, the what-will-they-think? thoughts -- I truly do feel stripped down to truth. What is my truth. What is Your truth. Once again, I am grateful that my identity in the One and Only Jesus is firm, yet being refined and sanctified. Expand my heart, O Lord. Give me Your eyes, Your heart.
"Teach me the way in which I should walk;
For to You I lift up my soul."
Psalm 143:8
You are the One who accomplishes ALL THINGS for me. Thank you for your guidance, holding our hands along this path you have chosen for us, leading us in truth and grace. You are beautiful to me.

Comments

hh said…
God is busy changing all of our lives. I welcomed the little one that He has for our family!
Our Father has a special purpose for the course of her life.
And to think that we get to be a part of His plan for her...or him!
We will be praying as He leads you
to our little one.
love mom
clevehoward said…
Well, I wrote you a long comment, and then when I got ready to send it they said my password wasn't ok. Now thw words are not flowing through me like before, so I will write you later.

I LOVE YOU MY BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER,
DAD

Popular Posts