Ramblings

Ah, the feeling of a good run on a crisp fall day. Yesterday was the first official day of bundling up; I had on three layers! I donned an old sweatshirt for today's run, and although it was wrapped around my waist in less than 5 minutes, still, it was with me...fall has officially begun. Today the boys get to play. No school today. We love our days off. We're in the middle of reading George MacDonald's Princess and the Goblins, a wonderful book I read as a child. George was one of C.S. Lewis's favorite authors, and I can see why. Laughter, suspense, scenery, with a healthy dose of plain weirdness...this book is interesting, to say the least.
I am excited about Clapham. I am amazed how, in their third year of classical education, the boys are thriving. Ethan is consistently picking out great books, living books, to read. Christian continues to be fascinated more and more with nature and science. Their minds are being filled with things that are beautiful, worthy, and true. Mom and I talked last night about "doing hard things." Clapham is hard. But oh, so rewarding. Ethan's basketball program is hard for him...but he's learning. Christian is working hard in football...and it's paying off. He scored another touchdown this last week, made a lot of great tackles, and the smile on his face was priceless. He works hard and comes home a sweaty little mess. I can't wait to read more about "doing hard things." As God reveals how our family is wired, individually and as a whole, I pray that He continues to show us what hard things He would have us do for our good and His glory. God does not call us to a life of comfort; He knows we are fulfilled only through Him and the abundant life He provides...hardly easy, but immensely satisfying.

Now an adoption update: The Lord is faithful to lead. Over two weeks ago I requested info packets from two agencies; they have yet to show up. I have moved on. Some phone calls have not been returned. I've moved on from those agencies. I think He might be closing the door on the agency in CA. And I will move on. The pastor from ECFA has not yet called to schedule our appt. I will be patient, because God's timing is perfect. I talked with an agency yesterday and was encouraged to learn that many moms actually prefer adoptive parents with children. They appreciate the fact that their child will have siblings and that the adoptive parents are experienced. I was grateful for the conversation. Another confirmation that we will be chosen by someone, somewhere. So I can see how, in the little things, God has been shaping this search and shaping our thoughts to conform to His will, educating me more every day, educating my sweet husband too, and turning our hearts towards this little one.

Comments

Popular Posts