My 38th Birthday

My 38th birthday was awesome. William took The Day off work, and we celebrated all day long. In the morning I ran with my dear Sarah, and William made the short trek to Starbucks for my birthday latte. Ahhh, I am made happy by the smallest delights of life. Before long, Christian appeared and said those wonderful words, "Happy Birthday, Mom." My sleepy-headed Ethan joined us downstairs a bit later, and as we went about the routine of sending the boys off to school, I felt grateful for my precious family.

My birthday fell on a cloudy, cool day, not the greatest weather for August, but actually great for golf. William and I played nine waterlogged holes. Actually, he played, I attempted to play! He was pretty patient with me until the last couple, when he would sweep my ball into the hole with his foot if it got even remotely close!
Over lunch we talked about lots of stuff, mainly God's continuing pull on our hearts toward adoption. I felt peaceful about the conversation and by the end we both agreed that we needed to trust God and leap forward. We want to live a life with no regrets, no misses on God's plan for our lives...and someone else's little life. Our purpose in life is to glorify our Heavenly Father, and He is a Father who has an amazing heart for children, and gives us that heart too. This journey begins full of uncertainty, full of what-ifs, but we began it joyfully. I can't wait to see who God adds to our family!
Later we pick the boys up from school and.....Christian got his hair cut! He loves his long hair, but, alas, school requirements force him to submit to the shears. I'm happy to report that he lived, we lived, and he's looking awfully handsome. By the time we got to P.F. Changs -- my birthday dinner...yum! -- he was in good spirits, and we had a lovely time. I would give an arm and a leg to know how to make those vegetarian lettuce wraps...oh. so. good.
We ended the day watching Connor and Dominick's football game with Grandma and Grandpa, Joe and Claire. It was a sweet day, full of family, full of promise.

Comments

Popular Posts