Prayer of Thanksgiving

What shall I render to the Lord
For all His benefits toward me?

I shall lift up the cup of salvation
And call upon the name of the Lord.

Oh Lord, surely I am Your servant,
I am Your servant...You have loosed my bonds.

To You I shall offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving,
And call upon the name of the Lord.
From Psalm 116


I am thankful for...my sweet husband, my amazing boys, my loving parents, my faithful friends, my crazy dog...our health, our wholeness.

We have dubbed Wednesday nights Family Night. We enjoyed the whole afternoon together...no friends, no phone calls, just togetherness. I read to the boys on the back porch, the cool breeze tempered by the sun. When William came home, we sat down to dinner around our table, candle lit, and told stories. They particularly liked the story about the time I locked myself out of the house when they were super little and had to call the fire department to rescue us all. We laughed. Of course, Dairy Queen somehow happened. Not a planned event, but a surprise from Dad. All in all, it was a sweet night, a blessing from the Lord, another marker of His grace and love pouring out upon our family.

What must I give you, LORD,

for being so good to me?

I will pour out an offering

of wine to you,

and I will pray in your name

because you

have saved me.

I will keep my promise to you

when your people meet.

You are deeply concerned

when one of your loyal people

faces death.

I worship you, LORD,

just as my mother did,

and you have rescued me

from the chains of death.

I will offer you a sacrifice

to show how grateful I am,

and I will pray.

Comments

Popular Posts