First Photos...First Research


Celebrating Dina's BD Saturday night (automatic)


Saturday morning at home...Starbucks and the paper ever present


Monday morning...learning the light, NW exposure at 7 a.m.


Shiloh is curious at first...


...then she's bored. But her tail is still wagging.


* So I've read my photography book and already have a greater understanding of how those f-stops work. Now comes practicing. I shot all of the above except for one on manual mode (it's weird that I had no idea how to do this two days ago), with my dear dog as my subject. She was a trooper.
* We had fun celebrating Dina's BD Saturday night. The boys all had basketball games at the same time (Ethan made a shot and got a felt star for best defense!), and then we came back here for a very yummy meal of Shrimp Scampi, from the Barefoot Contessa's Back to Basics cookbook. After dinner we sat by the fire and talked...it was a nice evening
* On the adoption front, I've spent a lot of time researching, and it is not a good time for international adoption at all. It would take years to get a child, which is so sad considering the many out there wandering the streets. But corruption and red tape has taken its toll, and governments are closing the doors in many countries. Very sad. So the next step is to talk to people and some agencies. I pray for clarity and God's divine intervention if this is what He wants us to do. Perhaps He's just putting His compassion in our hearts and wants us to follow that in a different way altogether. We'll see.

Comments

Popular Posts