Sunshine

I am grateful for spring.  Even though it's been chilly this last few days, we've had sun, and I love sun.  I love the sun warming my car up for me before I get in and driving around with the windows cracked open.  We ran around a lot yesterday, me and the dog.  A friend at Re:new told me about a quilting shop, and so of course I needed to go, despite a list of ought-to-dos.  It was worth it.  I left with a bag full of different fabrics to make a couple of blankets (I hesitate to call what I do "quilting") and lots of ideas for the baby's room.  It's a dangerous sort of place, where the possibilities are endless, time all of a sudden limitless, and the beautiful fabrics calling my name.  Really, I was lucky to walk out with one bag.  Proud of myself actually.

My dining room table has been covered with sewing projects over the last few weeks.  Sewing projects and dust.  The basement is still under construction, most of the trim work completed.   Dusty Mess is what I would name my house right now, if it had a name.  Certainly not Peaceful Haven.   My kids have actually taken to living elsewhere, although they do come home for dinner and bedtime.  


About Re:new

I love sunshine and I love Re:new.  Those are my two blessings these last couple of weeks.  Of course I have more blessings, but these are the ones that are the extra gifts, the icing on the cake.  And to have both together at the same time, well, that's awesome.  

We moved into a new space last week (same building), and as we were hauling material and boxes onto very stubborn carts, maneuvering them through the hallways to our new space, the phone rang.  I was trying to hold onto a leaning tower of fabric and answer the phone at the same time, but when I saw the caller i.d., I forgot about the fabric.  It was Leigh Ann with IAG, one of my favorite people in the whole wide world right now, although I really don't know her a bit.  "Carissa, we have a court date!   April 7th!"  WHOO HOOOOO!!!!  That was my first reaction.  My second was to cry.  In the hallway with the leaning towers of fabric.   My fellow Re:new ladies celebrated with me, gave me hugs, and took a quick picture of remembrance.  How perfect that the Lord would have me receive the call there.


Since that day time has been faithfully passing, and I continue to pray.  I pray for my dear friend who has not yet received a court date.  My joy will not be complete on the court-date front as long as she doesn't have one!  God has interwoven our lives, the gift of a beautiful friendship with another mom of two boys(!!!) adopting a baby girl in the exact same orphanage(!!!) through IAG(!!!), and as we've lifted up our souls to the Lord in prayer together, He has yet again shown me His amazing grace... which is unmerited favor...undeserved.  He just loves to lavish good upon His beloved.   He didn't have to bring me this friend.  He wanted to.  Just like He chooses to bless the earth with sun on a chilly day.  Just like He chose to bring me into a circle of African women through Re:new.   Just like He chose to give us the gift of a baby girl.

Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget none of His benefits;
Who pardons all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases;
Who redeems your life from the pit,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion;
Who satisfies your years with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle.
Psalm 103:1-5

Comments

Weaver said…
Carissa, I love the fabric; beautiful. It's such a privilege to know and continue in this journey. I have to tell you I cried when I read your entry; thank you. I praise God for our friendship. I am humbled by your prayers.
Love
Aimee
Carolyn said…
What a great post! So neat to see how God is weaving together this story, sewing together all the pieces of the quilt, just as you are doing! He is making something beautiful; you are making something beautiful. It's a beautiful picture. Hope you are enjoying the break.

Popular Posts