Life Notes and a Really Big Praise


~It's a new week!  I am praying we get a court date this week.  Apparently the children were just moved to a new building, and so our little one is in new surroundings.   The changes in Ethiopia are a little fuzzy.  Although most adoption agencies were made aware of the two-trip regulation, it has not been announced officially, and so our agency is waiting for more info.  Maybe it won't affect us?  I don't know. 
~Last night, God was faithful to protect.  After a sweet family night, we went to bed fairly early.   We heard the dog bark an hour or so later.   She rarely barks at anything at night because she sleeps like a log on her knole sofa downstairs (the sofa's not that great, an antique I can't get around to reupholstering).  I awoke and then started drifting back to sleep when Ethan walked in the room, said the dog woke him up and he felt low.  This has never happened at night.  He was in bad shape, with a BG of 40 something.  Ugh.  He drank OJ, ate two crackers with peanut butter, and a cookie before it was up to normal.  He said, mom, I might not have woke up in the morning.  He said it.  I was thinking it.  As I read in I John just yesterday:
...but the One Who was begotten of God carefully watches over and protects him...
Thank you, Lord.  What can we say?  I'm speechless.  Ethan, woozy as can be, actually laughed as we came down the stairs to the kitchen, mom, your underwear is really colorful.   It made him laugh, and for that I am grateful.   We sat there, me in my underwear and he with a mouthful of peanut butter and crackers, and laughed.    I love him.   Jesus knows.
~Our house is in disarray as the basement is being finished.  Stuff everywhere.  But it will all come together.  The dog jumps over three rolled-up rugs to get to her sleeping spot and I close my eyes when the workers tramp drywall dust through the house.  This too shall pass, and I will be organized with a place for everything.  I think.
~I am excited about the upcoming sale for Re:new.  It's in a couple of months, and the refugee ladies are going to be sewing lots of awesome stuff to sell.   These amazing women keep teaching me so much, way more than I teach them!  Their stories unfold over time, and I am touched.   
     As for God, His way is blameless;
         The word of the LORD is tried;
         He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him. 
    For who is God, but the LORD?
         And who is a rock, except our God, 
    The God who girds me with strength
         And makes my way blameless? 
    He makes my feet like hinds' feet,
         And sets me upon my high places. Psalm 18:30-33

Comments

Weaver said…
Praise the Lord for his faithfulness; he is always near!!!
Love
Aimee
Deb said…
Thank you Lord Jesus for your protection and goodness.
Susan said…
Your blog is a breath of fresh air. You have a way of making things beautiful (which I was needing this morning!)
Blessings,
Susan

Popular Posts