Life Without Sports


Our life without sports is...well, let me back up. Our three-week hiatus from sports began last night. Ethan is already missing his swim workouts and so he ran almost 2 miles on the treadmill instead and then went to his last basketball practice of the season. Today he ran a little over two miles. Other than that burst of activity, that was it, but it got his energy out and he was ready to tackle homework fairly quickly. The problem is, we have WAY TOO MUCH TIME on our hands. Christian came home from practice last night sweaty and tired -- just the way I like him. Today he wandered around the house rather aimlessly while I reminded him 27 times to get going on his homework. We quibbled over details of homework, apologized to each other for this and that. I nagged. He cried. He wanted to play in the kitchen sink. I kept shooing him out of the kitchen.
See, when we have a practice of some sort in the evening, oh, we are so on task! Things get done! Dinner gets made! Oh, speaking of dinner, I made the most yummy potatoes from The Pioneer Woman. Hot Crash Potatoes are easy and oh-so-tasty! Even Christian, who will be a phenomenal eater someday, loved them!
Anyway, life without sports is challenging. But tomorrow is another day, and extra time is always a gift. I think.


Comments

hh said…
I made these for friends last night and we all loved them! they are really good! Keepers!
We had brisket, salad, baked beans and these potatoes. It was an easy prepare ahead meal.
love, mom

Popular Posts