Abundant Life

Yesterday Ethan stayed home from school. He awoke with a fever and a sore throat; an hour later, it was gone. We had a sweet day, another unexpected gift this week. In the morning we played Yahtzee, read together and talked. I treasure this precious time with my son, on the brink of turning 11, a stone's throw away from adolescence.
\
These are the sweetest of times. I see glimpses now of the young man he is becoming, a young man who is so different than I was at almost 11, and then he frowns or smiles and I see flashes of my younger self in him. He is his father's son in many ways, good ways, like his servant's heart and his easygoing demeanor. God has wired him to be detail-oriented and logical. How many times has he said to me, "Mom, why don't you do it THIS way?" And I think, wow, that IS a better way! I see God shoring him up in the confidence that he is deeply loved and created by God, for God, with a great purpose in life.
Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with two amazing sons and an amazing husband. You are good. You are faithful. You are the giver of abundant life...life like today.

Comments

Popular Posts