In the Dawn of Spring


Today the sun shines, darting in and out of clouds as I write. I can tell spring is upon us. As the birds chirp and the clock rolls forward, I adjust to a new season slowly.
As I rise and head for the coffee pot, it feels too early. I've been a crab all week, not a cheery thought before 10 a.m. The time change? Hormones? Or something deeper? As I sit in the presence of God each morning, as His Word probes my soul and speaks to me in these dark hours of the early dawn, truth is revealed and the road to healing begins. From healing flows new life and growth.

Now it's Friday and the sun shines. I look over at my husband and smile. I listen to the constant drum of a basketball and boys' chatter outside my window. As the dormant ground prepares for tiny shoots of rebirth, my heart softens towards my family and a renewed sense of blessing takes root.

"And I will give them one heart and put a new spirit within them. And I will take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, that they may walk in My statutes and keep My ordinances and do them. Then they will be My people and I shall be their God."
Ezekiel 11:19-20

Comments

hh said…
I thank you Father that you remind us of the new heart that you have given to us. A heart immersed in Your love and forgiveness, a heart that accesses Your grace at any given moment, all the grace that is needed to restore and renew. Most of all a heart that willingly receives Your deep love as it pours over us each moment of our day.
I love you, mom

Popular Posts