Gia: At Spicy 18 Months!



Our sweet and spicy G is fully embracing her age.  She’s a bundle of energy and emotions, discovering her world and learning more day by day.  I love this age.  She is beginning to say more words, but mostly expresses herself with her body language.  One minute she’s gently kissing someone or something on the cheek, the next minute giving “the look” and whacking the air, herself, or me!  She hears “Gia is sooo gentle and kind” many times a day.  Mommy is saying that about herself too.  And praying a lot. 

The hair.  Oh, my.  It’s crazy.   We love it.   My Sudanese friend frequently comments about how I should be braiding it, and she can’t resist braiding it every time she comes over.  She says it’s the African thing to do.  I’m afraid I’m failing miserably in the braiding department.  It’s on the list of Things To Learn this year...along with a slew of other Important Things.
G has discovered the piano.  She begs to play it.  So she sits there and rocks the house, her whole body involved in the music.  We have a dancer on our hands, hip-hop hands down being her favorite music.  It’s what happens when you have two older brothers.
She loves her boys.  Her boys love her.   She, I’m certain, is the greatest gift they’ve ever experienced, ever been given.  It’s a tender sight, seeing them laugh with little G, care for her and lead her around by the hand.  
I continue to be amazed that God has allowed us to walk this path.   It is challenging at times, yet none of us could ever imagine life without her.  She infuses our family with joy and is a continuous reminder of the sheer amazing grace of our Father.  We love you like crazy, sweet daughter.  You rock.  Jesus has BIG plans for you.   
Jesus, what can I say?  You already know the breadth of emotions I have when I think about my daughter, as I care for her and watch her grow.   Children are a gift.  You have chosen to bless us richly.   I love you.  Amen.

Comments

clevehoward said…
IS THAT LUCILLE AT THE PIANO? LUCILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T YOU DO YOUR MAMA WRONG.
Carolyn said…
She is PRECIOUS! Love these pictures!
Deb said…
Love.... LOVE. :)

Popular Posts