Breaking Through the Clouds

I love spring.  It's supposed to be 70 degrees today...woohoo!  This week has been rainy, cold, ick, and I wonder why in the world we live in the Midwest.  Oh, yeah, it's God's plan.  Part of that plan is learning to absolutely delight in the seasons, and spring is becoming a close contender with summer.

I miss blogging.  There has been so little extra time.   I miss it, though, and I miss keeping up with my blogging friends.  I sat down a couple days ago and caught up on a good handful of blogs.  After an hour, I left my computer feeling encouraged and amazed at the work the Lord is accomplishing.   He is good.  He is changing lives.  It's so beautiful.  And hard.  Following the Lord is a narrow road.  

These past few months I've been investing lots of time and energy into my future and sort-of-now career: web design and development.  I've been doing a little work and spending a lot of time on learning.   My sweet spot, though, is still Re:new (a sewing ministry for refugee women).  God is growing me up.   I am increasingly dependent upon Him for my days.  The pull of work and Re:new, my passion for both, is good.  But it's a fine line.   God has given me these good things because they are His agenda, His way of accomplishing His work through me somehow.  But He still wants my family, my kids to be the first priority.

I have increasingly wondered how designing websites and learning php code is His work.  I have no idea.  I do know He has opened doors in these areas, I am stepping through them, and oh, I so need Jesus!  Lord, I pray I do not veer off your path!

As I find myself impatient for Gia's nap time to come (so I can get work accomplished), a little warning bell goes off in my head.  Cherish every moment with her.  Be present in the moment.  Teach her about me.  Do not worry about getting stuff done.  My grace is sufficient.  I will provide time.  I will keep you on track.
But it's a battle.  It's a new thing for me, being a mom and a volunteer and working on a career.  I have not ever been in this space.  I feel excitement and peace about it all, yet I feel I'm on high alert with priorities, constantly checking to see I'm doing what God needs me to be doing, feeling tugged one way or another.
Readjusting.   Rethinking.   Thankful for grace when I fail.  Thankful for this path.

I hear Gia...sweet and spicy girl.  Almost 18 months.  Wow.

Lord, may Jesus consume me, not anything else.  Keep Your goals for my day in front of me.  Let my ears be open.  Show me Your heart.  Thank you for your faithfulness.  In Jesus' name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts