Please, Brain, Organize Thyself!



This morning a very nice lady called to remind me of an appointment next week.  My mind was as blank as the corresponding calendar square.  
Then William yelled to me to put the dog away.   I corralled the dog and before I know it there’s a guy heading towards my family room with a gray toolbox.  I mouthed to Christian, “Who is that?!”  (As if my 10-year-old would know.)  He shrugged.  My mind raced around all the possibilities, and I came up with... nothing!  William solved the mystery, and my foggy mind vaguely remembered making this appointment and...blah, blah...you get the picture!
I have to, have to get it together!  The paper calendar is not working.   Perhaps an iPad is in my future.  Can’t get an iPhone quite yet...and I so long for one.  On Christmas Eve, I said to my many nieces (who were busy texting who knows who while sitting in a little group), “Am I the only one without an iPhone?”  “Yes, Auntie, you are,” one frankly honest niece replied.  *sigh*  
So I downloaded a program called Bento onto my Mac.  It’s supposed to organize your whole life in one place and sync with iCal, etc.  It’s supposed to “see, secure and share your information like never before!”   I’m just using the trial version right now, and it looks promising.   I have tried many paper systems and will try to go paperless now.  I will not miss my little Post-it notes scribbled with confirmation numbers and to-dos, my many little notebooks tucked throughout the house, and the receipts floating around with my grocery list.  I will try to use this computer program for all that...we’ll see.  
When I look back at this post in a year, will missed appointments and forgotten birthdays be a thing of the past?  Really, who am I kidding, I love my Post-it notes.  They will probably still be around in a year.  But my haphazard self really, really hopes and prays that a new system evolves and changes forever my disorganization!  Now off to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing right now...

Comments

Weaver said…
Hilarious, but, I am with you. In my dream world I have an assistant taking care of all these tiny little details that add up to a heap of responsibility.
Like my friend Betsy says, take care of the biggest rat first, whatever that means!! Love you.

Popular Posts