The Knole Sofa and The Sniffles



It's sunshiny outside.  Today is one of those unexpected days.   What I planned to do didn't happen because Gia woke  up with a runny little nose and an icky stomach.  Poor thing.  So I canceled the day and settled in for some snuggle time with my little one.  Turns out, she's not much for snuggling when she's sick!



We decided to decorate instead.  Before her too-short nap we took pictures and discussed how we should revive this old knole sofa: 









I bought it years ago from a now defunct antique store.  After staring at the thing for the last five years, this week I finally ordered one big, new comfy cushion insert.  Now I need to choose a fabric and sew the cover, and that certainly can't wait five more years.  So that's why we discussed decorating today, me and G.  As I went through swatches, she patiently listened and then tried to escape up the stairs.



So we went upstairs and read books...and then went back down and had a chat about colors and ideas for the living room, which we're turning into a library.  The room has been bare and neglected for the last seven years, but it has a lot of potential.  We have yet to decide if the knole sofa will stay in this room or go upstairs, but it needs a makeover first.    






I stole some time to catch up on some design blogs.  I felt slightly guilty.  Should have been teaching G how to read or emptying the dishwasher or doing something worthy.  Anyway, the above pic is why I want one big cushion on the knole sofa.  Looks cozy.  Love the color too.  That green is awesome.  The pink wall I could do without.  I think this is an old pic from Domino.   
And here is a watercolor my dad gave me when I was a little girl.  It informs all of the colors in our home.  Everthing ties in with this painting somehow.  I still love it after all these years and never tire of its colors.  It's sentimental and beautiful.







Between the picture-taking and musing over colors, all I did was chase G.   She's quick and triumphant about her walking, even when she's sick!







My peppy girl played let's-see-how-fast-I-can-get-away-from-mom all day long.  Her naps were disappointingly short, her little voice a constant ya-ya-ya, ba-ba-ba-, go-go-go-ing all day!
So much for a cozy day on the couch!

Comments

Popular Posts