A Good Thing Given by God


My friend Aimee finally has her sweet daughter home.   This picture is so precious, a testimony of God's faithfulness to this wonderful family.  We have never even met face to face, yet God has given our families the gift of friendship, a bond made possible by the blood of Jesus uniting us as brothers and sisters in Christ.   
We received our referrals for our girls the very same day.   We labored in prayer together daily for our girls.  We prayed and claimed they would come home by the end of May (God said June), that we would be able to travel to ET together (God had other plans), that He would protect our daughters and give them peace (He did), and that we would trust God and lean on Him through every twist and turn.  We did trust Him...mostly.  We didn't understand at times the delays, failed court dates, why we couldn't travel together.  Sometimes I needed encouragement, especially during the failed court dates.  Aimee lifted me up and pointed to our sweet Savior, always pouring truth into my heart.  We rejoiced together when we both passed court, booked tickets and passed embassy.  
The Lord knows me better than I know myself.  He knew I needed someone to walk alongside me who would understand all too well each step of this journey.  But most of all He wanted me to pray...alone, with Aimee, with my family.  It was a spiritual battle, bringing our girls home.   God has not left His warriors to battle alone.   Now we experience the sweet victory.   God smiles down.  He had the victory all along...yet sometimes victory seems far off because of circumstances.  Our pastor today reminded us that faith is believing God's promises, God's perspective, and not our own limited perception of reality.  I'm grateful he provided people to remind me of that kind of faith throughout our adoption of Gia. 
I know that God weaves people together for His glory.  I wonder about Sena and Gia.  They are blessed to not only have each other, but also others who were in the same orphanage.   Babies from Alaska to California to Indiana to Florida...they were all together in Mekele.  One day this will matter to my daughter.   But in the near future, we hope to meet our dear friends in person and watch our boys play together and smile as we see our daughters reconnect.  I can't wait.  
My Heavenly Father, You alone are to be glorified and praised. Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow. (James 1:17)  You love to delight us with unexpected blessings.  Thank you for the gifts of friendship and prayer and faith.  May your children see You for who you ARE, the giver of all that is good and the Redeemer of all that is not.  In Jesus’ name, Amen


Comments

Weaver said…
We're here. We have our girls home. The Lord led us to this place and now we celebrate and rejoice in our daughter's lives!!! They are home!!!!!!!! Amen. I cannot wait to see them together sweet friend, I am beyond thankful for you!

Popular Posts