The First Days Together and Father's Day!

Little Giana is by my side now in her high chair.  Let's see how far I get.  In a matter of a week, Gia's flown halfway around the world, her first two teeth are breaking through, she changed to American formula (Good Start=yucky Similac=yummy),  she rolled from back to stomach for the first time (I think?), ate various veggies, is living in Illinois humidity, and after all that she now has a nice rash on her cheeks, but otherwise is adjusting very well.  She loves to talk.  A girl thing, my friends tell me.  She loves music.  She doesn't mind the dog.  She LOVES to be held.   Here's Ethan holding her:

We are trying our best to cocoon.  They (the "experts") say we're supposed to stay close to home the first month, that it's important for Giana to learn her new home and new family and bond.   Abuelita came this week!  Since the boys have had games almost every night and practice, etc., it has been a blessing to have her here.  Today we went for a bike ride along the prairie path with the boys.  I've been able to do some boy stuff while the baby stays with Abuelita...great because I am not too good at always staying in!   In fact, I'm not sure whether Gia thinks I'm her mom or Abuelita!  
She took her first walk around the block with Ethan and Abuelita: 
They said she was very serious on her walk.  Another thing that makes her serious is the camera.  All these months, we've seen only very serious pictures of Giana Helen.  Now we know why.  The minute a camera comes out, she gets very serious and stares with her big eyes.  I'm getting some smiling pictures, but most of them are wide-eyed looks like this:  
She loves food and loves chewing on the spoon more:
Giana, mommy loves having you in her arms: 


And daddy loves his girl...Father's Day with a daughter:


Our girl's beautiful smile:

Father, You are so good to us.  We have been blessed far beyond what we could have ever imagined.    Thank you, thank you for this sunny, beautiful Father's Day.  

Comments

wow I feel like a stalker but I have been waiting and waiting to see more pictures of her home with you all.. I have tears in my eyes .. what a process to be able to hold her in Ethiopia and now see her with her family.. you made my day! GOD is just SO GOOD!!! Oh and that smile just priceless .. it's a perfect smile of contentment..she is finally where she belongs! I'm so happy for you! :)
Weaver said…
Oh my goodness!!! The Lord has brought you an angel. She is home; she is with her family and she is all smiles because she is in the perfect place with her beautiful, precious family!!!!
We love you all so much!! can't wait to see Sena and Gia together again!!!!
sasha parker said…
She is so CUTE!!! I am so thankful you are all together!! Let me know when you start the process again :)

Popular Posts