Project 365 and Waiting

The challenge (and it will be a challenge!) is to photograph something every day.  Yes, every day of the year.  Last year I made it less than a week.   Today is the 6th of January, and I can say that I'm enjoying these little stolen moments with my camera.  I've been walking through my days differently, more aware of my surroundings and the beauty God puts in front of me every single day.




Even in the ordinary, He shows me the good, the beauty, the worthy things to contemplate.




While I'm not too keen on waiting for trains, or anything else, God teaches me how to wait, be still, take in the landscape around me...

 the local Starbucks on the corner (delighting many a soul daily)
  the sun breaking through the moody clouds   
me, in my warm old van, communing with God the Father as I wait


The loss of an ability to wait often brings with it the inability to be fully and joyfully present now.
Paula Gooder, "The Meaning is in the Waiting"


Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
But only he who sees, takes off his shoes...
Elizabeth Barrett Browning, "Aurora Leigh"




Comments

Popular Posts