New Years Day 2010




"My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work."
Jesus, Savior of the World


"The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest."




Thomas Moore
Irish poet (1779 - 1852)

An ordinary winter scene... extraordinary when I took the time to notice


As I reflect on these two quotes, one from my time in the Bible this morning and the other from a blogger's website, I think of the simplicity of Jesus' life.  His work here on Earth forever changed humanity, forever changed our hopelessly torn relationship with God the Father.  And yet He lived in simplicity, as a carpenter, performing ordinary everyday acts while waiting for God's timing to reveal Himself as the Son of God, Savior of the World.  In fact, His very sustenance, His food, was to accomplish the will of the Father.  And oftentimes God's will is expressed in the simple acts of everyday life.
As we began a new year, I pray, Lord, that you teach me to glorify you in the ordinary acts I practice every day.  Transform my mind and my heart to view your will for me, your plan for me, as food for my soul.   Turn my heart away from those worthless things that so easily entangle me and distract me from Your purpose today.  You are the Bread of Life.  You partner with me every day, just as Jesus partnered with God.  

Comments

Carolyn said…
Carissa, I love your blog. I remember we talked about it at lunch that day, and then when I was leaving Sasha a comment, I saw your link! I hope you don't mind my reading it.... it is just beautiful in every way. You write so beautifully, and it was so exciting to see what God is doing. I love your thoughts on this New Year Day! We are looking forward to 2010 and thankful for your family's friendship!

Popular Posts