God's Beautiful Heart

This morning I read a great post by Jessica, Why Adopt?  I loved it.  Read it!

As I reflect on our own journey, I feel nothing but completely humbled and amazed at how God cared about our hearts.  He cared that we were comfortable, content with the status quo...and He wanted to shake us up, reveal HIS heart, reveal HIS plans for our family.  All the "what ifs" seem silly now.   God calls ALL OF US to care for orphans, widows, aliens, the sick and the poor.  I was blessed to grow up in a home where the doors were always open.  Our family of three had a table for six that was always overflowing with eight, and it was filled many evenings.  My mom and dad love people and love to serve them.  What a gift.  My dad has a little baseball card shop and is always showing his customers --- the rich, poor, Jewish, athiest, unemployed, the sick, the marginalized, etc. -- all about Jesus.  He listens to their stories and loves on them, prays for them, heals them, points them to Jesus.  All while being in pain himself many days.  We pray for complete healing for my father.  My mom always says, Watch out!  When he is 100% I'd better hold on for the ride!   Well, she has already been on quite a ride!  God is richly glorified in their lives.  Their story is of the beautiful, crazy redemption of God, His lavish love for them so evident and true.  Jesus adores them.  And they adore Him.

You know what's amazing about God's timing?  When William and I were celebrating our 17th anniversary in Galena, which was an entire weekend spent in our hotel room talking about adoption (okay, we didn't talk the entire time), Giana Helen was born.  We left that hotel with the decision to change course and adopt from Ethiopia.  Our application was sent in two days later.  That same weekend, on the other side of the world, our daughter was born into a place of poverty and circumstances that were not good.  Yet God says: "The poor and needy search for water, but there is none; tongues are parched with thirst.  But I the Lord will answer them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them."  And He brings His plans to pass.

Here's another picture of our sweet Giana at approximately 8 weeks.   This is our referral picture.   God is gracious.

Comments

sasha parker said…
i also read her post this morning. can you imagine life without adoption?!!

Popular Posts