Life in Sunshine



We've been a little off kilter lately.  William commented yesterday that even the dog has been off track.  She runs out the door with one eye on us and one eye on her temptation of the moment.   She watches us to see if we're watching her!  If she thinks we're not looking, then she's off to the neighbor's yard or heads back to the evergreens to dig up fertilizer sticks.  But if she knows we're watching, she's a perfectly obedient dog.   Even this morning she was pretending to love on me, all the while thinking about how to eat Christian's leftover toast.   We think we're all a little stir crazy from the lack of sun.  But today...

Today we woke up to SUNSHINE!!! after what seems like many days of rain and cold.  Ahhhh....  I am so glad that God created the sun.   It infuses energy and hope and life into us after a string of cloudy days.   I am grateful.  As I've walked through life this week (a rather rainy week in several respects!) God has brought this verse in front of me several times:

For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
The Lord gives grace and glory;
No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.
O Lord of hosts,
How blessed is the man who trusts in You!
Psalm 84:11-12

Father, I know that rain is good.  But then the sun breaks through the clouds, and Your glory is proclaimed as I soak up the warmth, the light, the refreshment.  My heart rejoices.  There is much to be thankful for just this week, like little Ela's successful surgery, Deb's trip to Uganda, my sweet baby's caretakers in Ethiopia, and my ongoing journey with Aimee.   And my husband and my boys!  What gifts!  Thank you for the sun.  Thank you that you are a sun and shield.   In Jesus' name, Amen


(My mom's posts about Spring Rain and Gladness tie right into this.  She is wise.  She dwells upon Truth: Her Timely Words of Wisdom)

Comments

Popular Posts