Waiting on a Court Date



We’re waiting on a court date for our sweet baby girl.  It’s been a month since the day we laid eyes on her for the first time.  Since then we’ve received pictures here and there, bittersweet pictures that tell of her growth...and strengthen our longing for her to be in our arms.  I have not yet seen her smile or kick her legs or drink a bottle.  
I think of when the boys were babies, and how many times I cherished their smiles and quiet moments of pure sweetness.  And then I would turn around and complain about the monotony of the endless days of diapers, feedings, naps (I actually lived for nap time, now that I think about it), laundry and  -- the most frequent complaint of all   -- “I never have any time to myself.  I never get a break!” (After all, it was all about me...)
Perspective is an amazing thing, especially when it’s God’s perspective:
  
Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,
         The fruit of the womb is a reward.
    Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
         So are the children of one's youth.
    How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them... Psalm 127:2-5   
Now that I cannot possibly have and hold this newest member of our family during these first months of her life, I would give anything to do all of the “monotony” because I’ve finally figured out, after all these years, that all that drudgery is actually a blessing...a gift...a reward.   And babyhood is fleeting.   The years fly by and my 9-year-old barely fits in my lap and I stand eye-to-eye with my 11-year-old.  These are golden years with the boys...but those baby years were golden too.  I just didn’t see it that way sometimes.   
I can’t wait to experience babyhood again, with God’s perspective gently molding my own.  But I have to wait.  In the meantime, I pray...
Arise, cry out in the night, as the watches of the night begin; pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord.   Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children... Lamentations 2:19
Father, will we get a court date this next week?  I don’t want to wait any longer.  I know Your timing is always perfect, but I am a mama who wants her baby now.  Thank you for your protection over her, and please love on our little one for us.  In the meantime, may I see each simple everyday act as you see it...an opportunity to bless my family and others.
I pray for the IAG families with court dates on Monday.  May these families pass and get assigned embassy dates quickly...but in Your perfect timing.   I pray blessings on others traveling now or soon to get their children.  May You protect them and make this time rich with warmth and joy.   In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Comments

oh your words are just perfect for every feeling I'm having while waiting .. praying for you and our courtdates on Monday
clevehoward said…
MAY THE GOD OF HOPE FILL YOU WITH JOY AND PEACE IN BELIEVING, THAT YOU WILL ABOUND IN HOPE, BY THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. GIANA IS LOVED BY OUR FAMILY, PRAYED FOR DAILY BY OUR FAMILY AND VERY WELL TAKEN CARE OF BY OUR FATHER WHO LOVES US ALL VERY MUCH.

I LOVE YOU MY BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER,
DADDY

Popular Posts