True Greatness through the Cross, by Mom

Mom e-mailed me this morning about yesterday's post:
What comes to my mind is that the fillter also is the Cross of Jesus which is the Father's love for us.
The greater understanding we have of the very deep and infinite love of the Father toward us, that He delights in us no matter what, the greater our capacity to love others and extend His grace to them.
I see a Shepherd. He is looking at His sheep which He paid a very high price for. With all their peculiarities, failings, struggles with sin, He is so excited that they are His. He delights in them;He cares for them;He protects them; He wraps them in His Divine Love. Nothing can change His mind about them. He calls them by name, He desires that they follow Him and seek Him moment by moment in their day. He will teach them every good thing that has been given to them in Him. (Philemon 1:6) Nothing will separate them from His Holy Love.
They are His.
Continue to teach the children and believe ever so much more deeply in the Father's love for you.

I am very blessed to have two parents who love Jesus and who tirelessly support us in prayer. They are a beautiful picture of what it means to walk through life with Jesus, His love pouring itself out through them as they bless others and serve others (especially with yummy meals around the table!) Growing up, our home was always open to others, and I remember lots of nights spent listening to the adults fellowship around a table of spaghetti, or enchiladas or tostadas. They would talk forever. I don't remember what they talked about, only the smiles around the table and my dad's jokes. As I think about what a strong legacy of faith they are leaving to me and my children and their children's children, I am inspired and grateful for the
love and grace that God has continually poured out on our family.

Comments

Popular Posts