Healing in His Wings


Christian's friends came up to the hospital to visit today...so awesome!
A year ago Ethan was diagnosed with Type 1.  Now Christian joins him and we are perplexed and sad, yet  at peace and glad we know.   Yesterday I would have never imagined in a million years that I would be writing this today.  A year ago I would have never guessed we would be on this path with Ethan.  
There is a comfort in knowing what something is, what you're supposed to do.  It moves you past the shock and into a mindset that moves forward.  We rest today in the peace of Jesus.  Last night, as we were alone in the dark sterile hospital room, our minds processing this unwelcome visitor, Christian said, "It is amazing how peaceful I feel.  Last year when this happened to Ethan, I thought that if it happened to me, I would be so scared.  But here I am and the Lord is giving me peace.  Amazing."  We watched Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown, and Christian sang Hark the Herald Angels Sing right along with Snoopy and the gang.  The movie ended, and he kept singing through the verses, sure and strong.   The last verse:
Hail the heav'n-born Prince of Peace!
Hail the Son of Righteousness!
Light and life to all He brings
Ris'n with healing in His wings
Mild He lays His glory by
Born that man no more may die
Born to raise the sons of earth
Born to give them second birth
Hark! The herald angels sing
"Glory to the newborn King!"
So we give Him glory today.  He is good all the time.   We do not need to understand why because we are held and loved by the Most High.  
Yes, it really is sad.  It will be hard.  But we are so thankful we serve a God that brings beauty out of ashes...every time.  
And for all of our brothers and sisters in Christ who earnestly lift us up in prayer, we are so very thankful.  

Comments

Deb said…
Oh dear friend. Praying for your sweet boys now!
Jessica said…
I wanted to let you know that my husband was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes about 5 years ago (as an adult). Anyway, he is completely needle phobic and this was a really big blow for him. He has been using I-ports for about 3 years now. They are about the size of a quarter. I put them in about every 4 days or so and he can then inject all of his insulin directly into the port, instead of his skin. It has been life changing. He just had blood work yesterday and his A1c was 6.1 (just above normal levels). I don't know the protocol of kids, but it has been a great alternative to the pump and to having to inject directly into his skin everytime. You can email me if you have any questions jirvin79@gmail.com. Praying for you. I know this is so difficult with kids.

Jessica
hh said…
We are praying and expecting the healing from Our Father who loves us more than we can imagine.
I'm so glad your back blogging .. I have missed you and your amazing writing. I will pray for your sweet boys.. I just can't imagine seeing your little ones in such need.
Carolyn said…
Carissa, I can't believe this. I just checked your blog expecting a Christmas something and found this! I am so, so sorry. I am sitting here crying at the whole thing... from this diagnosis to your post to the beauty of him singing... oh, wow... I will try to call you in the coming days. I am praying for you all right now and pray you will have a blessed and special Christmas in the midst of this, that Jesus' nearness will be sensed by you in such great measure, for He is Immanuel, God with us. Love you all and in prayer, Carolyn
Unknown said…
We are praying for you! Christian is being so strong. Praise the Lord.
love dina

Popular Posts