Things to Do

We completed our 2nd Home Study meeting this morning and left with a stack of to-dos! I love it when our social worker hands us stuff. It feels so satisfying to be able to do something, check it off the list, and feel a small step closer to the end of this adoption. I know that a time will come soon when there will be nothing to do but wait...and wait...and wait.

But, Lord, you are sovereign. You are holy. You are powerful. You hold this in your hands.

From Hole in the Gospel this week: What keeps me from full surrender? What keeps me from being the hands and feet of Jesus to those who need love without condemnation, who need a smile instead of indifference, who need food instead of judgment?
What keeps me from the to-do list that God would have for me today? Is it to do laundry with joy? Read to my precious little niece? Give grace to my child? Reach my hand out to a complete stranger?

Lord, I thank you that the more I look at You, my view becomes so much larger than my surroundings. Your eyes see the broken, the unforgiven, the lost. Let me have your eyes today...and free me from the idols of fear, approval and distraction. How many opportunities have I missed because these things have been front and center?

Your mercies are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness. Teach me the way in which I should walk; For to You I lift up my soul. (Ps. 143.8)

Comments

Popular Posts