The Wonder of Instant Sisterhood

Today I am delighted and touched by God. I had my first Moms in Touch meeting, and I feel it's going to be quite a year. Women of different backgrounds, children of all ages, but united in Jesus, who have a burden to pray for their kids. As one mom said, "It's amazing how God weaves lives together." She's right. There are lots of new faces this year, and all experience life in different ways. Even among "the regulars," circumstances are different than they were a year ago. Several are dealing with the awfulness of cancer; several are in the midst of major change, whether it be school or moving; others are living life with young children, others with teenagers. I feel our own family is on the brink of changing circumstances. God is leading William in a different direction career-wise, an unknown direction so far. I find it fascinating that in only a couple hours' time these women can meld together, bless one another and pray for one another. It's the amazing unity of the body of Christ. All of us are covered by His blood, chosen by Him, and united by our faith in Jesus. It's really unheard of. Sure, women bond over all sorts of strange things. We experience this when we ask a complete stranger in Nordstrom, "Do these jeans look cute on me?" Of course they say yes, and we've instantly made a friend. For a moment. Women also bond because they have kids that play the same sport or because they have similar political views or because they both attend that 5 a.m. spin class.
The really neat thing about the unity of the body of Christ is that we as believers bond with people who are different from us! We don't have to have a thing in common other than our God, and yet we're able to experience an automatic sisterhood when we pray together, lifting our hearts and focusing on Him. I guess you could say that when He's the focus, the unity happens. And it's an everlasting bond. I don't think I will ever forget the faces of the women I've prayed with through MIT, but I won't recall any of the women on Ethan's baseball team last year, although we bonded for a season. Unity in Christ is such a gift.
Back to this morning. We prayed. We dedicated this year to the Lord. I pray for all of us in our varied circumstances: Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord. Psalm 31:24
Through Jesus, we will approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance (freedom from doubt) of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:22-23

Comments

mom said…
Pursue love…1 Cor 14:1 yet desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy. Love and prophesy build up and edify the body of Christ. Unity.
Without love I am a noisy gong, a clanging cymbal, I am useless, nothing, I am not profited or benefited without Love. 1 Cor 13: 1,2,3.
2 Cor 5:14 For the love of Christ controls, and compels us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died, (that means I died too)…
I have been crucified in Christ, it is no longer I who live but Christ lives in me; the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and delivered Himself up for me. Gal 2:20
When He died, I died. When He rose, I rose. When He sat down at the Father’s right hand, I sat down. (rest) This is my true identity.
I am not the forsaken. I am not the lost, I am not the forgotten. I am not the condemned.

I am the redeemed. I am the called. I am the healed. I am the forgiven. I have been bought with a price. I am the beloved. Our identity is in Christ and Christ alone.
Let the eyes of our heart be enlightened and receive the identity Our Savior has bought for us through His love for us.

God is love. His love working in us compels us to love others. It never fails.
His Divine Love working in us brings healing to us emotionally, spiritually, and physically.
His Divine Love completed our healing at the Cross.
His Divine Love working in us brings unity.

Father, I thank you that the women meeting to pray for Clapham have an anointing from the Holy One and they know the truth. 1John 2:20
Thank you that your Love is poured out within their hearts through the Holy Spirit. Rom 5:5
Thank you for your Love that indwells them and compels them to love and support one another and their families.
Thank you for the abundant, overflowing grace that you have lavished upon them to join together and move mountains.
Thank you that you impart to them all wisdom and understanding of the finished work of Christ Jesus our Lord.
Believe and rest in His love.
I love you, mom

Popular Posts