Digital Scrapbooking


Oh, am I having fun! I've been digital scrapbooking on and off this year, but lately I'm really diving in. There is so much to learn, but there are so many wonderful tutorials and websites out there to help people along. I'm going to see if I can post here some of my layouts. It's really awesome to have a passion for something outside of motherhood. I jump out of bed in the morning because if I do laundry and house stuff at five in the morning, I can have time to play later. It's been great motivation!
When I discover new little subcultures within our world, it always amazes me for some reason. When the boys started swimming last year, I learned about the swimming subculture and what that's like. I had no idea. Triathlon culture is crazier, and bikers are definitely their own breed (William always feels perfectly at ease in his teeny little biking shorts! Amazing!) I felt the same when I started researching digital scrapbooking. All of a sudden I was exposed to this completely different subculture where all these women journal and preserve life digitally. It's a really big trend that I was completely unaware of, yet appparently thousands of women have been doing this for years! There are a gazillion blogs, digital scrapbooking "challenges," contests, magazines, websites, etc., devoted to this art! It's so fun!
The boys -- Christian especially -- love sitting down with our scrapbooks and going through them. Christian curls up in a chair and settles in, turning the pages slowly and carefully. He smiles contentedly when he reaches a page about himself. These pages capture his character and our love for him and his uniqueness. It's neat to see how the Lord works through these pages in his little heart. He feels loved as he looks at them. I feel love as I create them.

Comments

hh said…
In Him, the risen Lord, is our ALL. He is even “our” culture.
He is the Bread that our soul hungers for. Our Bread that sustains us. Our Bread that we can simply delight in and enjoy. He feeds us what is healthy and makes us strong. He is Bread like no other “culture” has. Taste and see that the Lord is good. Ps 34:8

Being in Him, we are immersed in an atmosphere of Grace. Our world is constantly being saturated with Divine Favor that flows from the throne of the Most High.
Eph 1:7 so immeasurably generous is God’s favor to us. …in accordance with the riches and the generosity of His gracious favor…

In Jesus, we live in a Promised Land. As our Head, He governs us in a New Covenant.
One that no man can break for it depends on His word, and His word alone.
That Promised Land is filled with hope for we have the assurance that our future is secure in Him. Heb 8:6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, by as much He is the mediator of a better covenant….

In Him, our culture, we are dressed in a robe of righteousness. We are clothed as a
(Is 61:10) bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. Rev 6:11 ..and there was given to them a white robe…..

Jesus is our confession. In Him, His Words are our words. Ps 119:11 Thy word I have treasured in my heart...The language He speaks is a foreign one to the culture of the world. But to those who are in Him…they are life.

In Him, is our life. Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ it is no longer I who live but Christ lives in me….The culture of the world magnifies death. Jesus is a life giving Spirit. In Him, life is not burdensome for we are yoked with Him, we are in union with Him. He magnifies His life within us. The ZoĆ« kind of life which can only be given by Him.

He being our culture, we live and move and have our being in Him.
Rejoice in His life!

Popular Posts