Good Friday Eve

It seems like yesterday. I wrote that I was looking forward to Lent, a time of reflection and...what exactly did I say? Here I am, about 40 days later, time vanishing any hopes of reflection.

I finally pulled out our Lenten book yesterday. The boys and I read about nailing our sins to the cross. We read about The Last Supper this morning. As I look at all of the devotions, I wish I would have carved out the time, this precious time, to talk of our Savior and His sacrifice for us. We contemplated this morning of what it must have been like, hanging on that cross, the way the lowest of the low were treated. The rampant unbelief before His death. Above anything, this must have grieved God the most, the unbelief of the people that Jesus was truly His son. I look forward to tomorrow, Good Friday, when we read the devotion about that very sad, yet glorious, day.

Comments

Popular Posts